Sunday 8 January 2017

The peasants are revolting...first models of 2017!

So I've managed to finish my first couple of models for 2017... Nothing special, just some peasants to get me into the swing of things for the next 12 months!

I want some more generic civilian/militia models that I can use in a variety of settings and these guys certainly fit the bill as they would slide comfortably into a number of genres.

These fellas could easily fit into games of Rogue Trader as dirt farmers on some backward Imperial planet; or as survivors in a post-apocalyptic settlement; members of a Frostgrave Warband or simply as some medieval pilgrims! The versatility of these models is astounding!

Anyway... Here are the models:


Excuse the darkness of the photo...bloody winter weather!!

One thing that has annoyed me is that the satin varnish I used to protect these guys has obscured the complex layering I did on the flesh of their hands and faces!!

2 comments:

  1. These look good, and as you say, civilians are always useful to have. Who makes them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate! Yeah I love having a few expandable bystanders around to cause havoc and interfere with people's best laid plans! They are especially fun (i.e. troublesome) in games of Rogue Trader, the only drama is nobody seems to make many of them! Thank God the fluff allows us to have pre-black powder worlds!!

      These peasants are from Gripping Beast who have an excellent range of farming/pilgrim type people on their website!

      Delete